Our Thirsk Business Member in the Spotlight for July 2021 is Paul Lund from Davis & Lund.
1. When did you start your business?
We first opened in Ripon back in July 2016 and after quickly becoming the market leading independent agent, we decided to open in Thirsk at the end of 2020.
2. What led you to start a business/how did it all begin?
I had been given notice of redundancy after working for NatWest for nearly 26 years. I have know Chris personally for a number of years, he was looking at setting up his own agency and the rest is history.
3. What do you like about Thirsk?
The people are so friendly and welcoming.
4. What is your most popular product/service?
5. What other local business do you support?
We intend to use local tradesmen for our property maintenance as our rental portfolio grow – Anyone we haven’t spoken to, pop in, say hello and give us your contact details.
6. What is the best part of your job?
Seeing the excitement on peoples faces when their offer is accepted or when they get the keys to their new home.
7. What is the best piece of advice you would offer a new business in Thirsk?
Research the market, know your competitors and have confidence you will bring something new to the area.
8. Fun/amazing fact about your business that people might not know?
I am a MASSIVE Liverpool football club fan.
9. Favourite book/famous person that inspires you?
Bill Shankley – Being a LFC fan it couldn’t really be anyone else!
10. In what ways have you had to adapt your business in this current climate?
During the first lockdown we had to work from home but since coming back to the office it has been non-stop. Some clients are still uneasy having people walk around their home, for that reason we have invested in 3D technology to create virtual tours so people can look around without the need to physically be there!
Thank you Paul for giving us an insight into your work. To find out more or to get in touch with Davis and Lund go to:
Please get in touch if you want to be included in our monthly 'Spotlight On' feature, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for full details.