Date: Tuesday 13th November 2018
8.15am Registration & refreshments
9.00am Seminar starts
10.30am Seminar ends with time afterwards for 1-2-1 questions
Location: Bar Convent, Blossom Street, York YO23 1AA
Our next employment law breakfast seminar, run in conjunction with Hays Specialist Recruitment, will provide practical guidance on how to manage long term sickness absence and complex sickness absences more effectively.
Even within organisations where instances of long term sickness absence are low, the associated management time and financial costs of dealing with such absences can be disproportionately high. With work-related stress causing ever-increasing numbers of employees to go on extended sick leave and complications such as grievances, disciplinaries and bullying allegations amongst those common curve-balls affecting what might have otherwise been a more straightforward sickness absence, this session will be invaluable in better understanding employer obligations and best practice. Drawing on our practical experience, we will focus on the following issues:
• Your legal responsibilities and rights as an employer in respect of long term sickness absence and more complicated absences
• The role of your contracts and HR policies and practical steps you can take to modify these
• Ensuring line managers deal with issues effectively from the outset
• How to create an environment that encourages an effective return to work
• The steps you need to take if a return to work is not possible
As with previous seminars, we will combine a lively presentational style with some interactive sessions so that you can see how practical guidance can be put into action. We have also scheduled time for questions, on a one-on-one basis, after the event as well as during the session itself.
These events are very popular so we encourage you to book early to secure a place.
To book your place and for more information contact Peter.Mills@harrowells.co.uk